Monday, March 16, 2009

Mary Roundtree Moore


Mary Roundtree Moore is showing new paintings at Tyndall Gallery in University Mall through April 4th.  
"I strive to capture the feeling of those fleeting moments of the sublime, the vast beauty of nature, which humbles us all.  My images are derived from nature's innate abstractions, allowing the mind's eye to gather its own interpretations.  It is the memory of those undeniable visual experiences that gives me inspiration."
Mary Roundtree Moore's plein air and studio paintings are influenced by travels to the Caribbean, Europe, and the American Southwest, but she is always drawn back to the salt marshes of her native North Carolina.  "My intense love of colors found in nature is a driving force that compels me to paint.  I have a keen interest in the natural order found in the landscape., and am fascinated by the effect of the changing seasons.  I like to push the boundaries of realism into abstraction, as my compositions move from loose realism to abstraction."  -reproduced from Tyndall Galleries web-site.
What I like about Mary's paintings is the energy of her brushstrokes. She uses such an economy of line and color to produce beautiful paintings that make me want to return to them for a second look.  She is an accomplished painter and deserves a spot on every discerning collector's walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment